Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Doughnut Plant Marzipan Doughnut

I know I write about the Doughnut Plant a lot, but come on, it is so good.  I love their creative flavors, and since it is fairly close to the new subway stop I take, I can't help but see what they frying up in there.  Because it is the holidays, they are serving up some very special holiday flavors.  I stopped in for their gingerbread doughnuts, and unfortunately they were out, but the counter girl assured me that the marzipan doughnut was the best and her personal favorite.  With her enthusiasm and the doughnut's adorable star-shape, it was hard to say no.  So I took it home, wolfed down a Chipotle burrito, and then dove into this.  And yes, it was delicious.  If you are in New York, go try one for yourself.

If you are thinking about some food-related gift ideas, click here and here.

And if you are looking for some stand-out cookie recipes for the season, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment