Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flarah's

While I was visiting my parents in Des Moines over Labor Day weekend, my mom took me to a little place called Flarah's.  Flarah's is famous for their bite-size cheesecakes, but we went for their yummy lunch.  With it's modern style (think Ikea furniture), it's perfect for sitting down for a well-balanced lunch.  They have a great "Pick 2" deal, half a sandwich, salad, or soup combo.  I chose the Vegetarian Delight, and Roasted Apple Salad.  It comes with crisp chips, and an unusual fruit salad.  The fruit salad was both our favorites, we loved that is almost like a fruit slushy, and really a perfect dessert (no need for the cheesecake).  All the food was well-made and tasty.  I left feeling satisfied, and it brought a little brightness to the rainy day.  If you live in the Des Moines area, you should definitely give it a try.

If you are looking for a simple plum dessert, try this Plum Crisp I made last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment