Thursday, September 29, 2011

CSA Week Sixteen

This week in my CSA I received:

-One leek
-Parsley
-Collard Greens
-Beets
-Radishes
-Sweet potatoes
-Green bell peppers
-Apples
-Bosc pears
-Eggs
-Wildflowers

The night before, my friend roasted the beets for a tasty beet salad with toasted walnuts and goat cheese.  Last night, I still had a few things left over from the week before, so I made eggplant, caramelized onion, and tomato pasta, and sprinkled it with the parsley.

If you are looking for a hearty soup with sweet potatoes, try this Sweet and Spicy Lentil Soup.  Swap out the swiss chard for collards, and add the leek in with part of the onion, and you got yourself a meal.

Want to try a delicious dessert?  Try this Apple Cake.  I made it last weekend, and besides the peeling and chopping, the recipe is pretty simple.  Plus, you can sneak it in for breakfast and not feel too guilty.
And if you are feeling ambitious this weekend, try this Butternut Squash Ravioli.  Not going to lie - it is time-consuming, but you do feel kind of proud at the end: I made homemade ravioli - ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment