Monday, September 26, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - The Standard Biergarten Pretzel

This past weekend, after a leisurely walk across the High Line, we made a stop at The Standard Hotel Biergarten.  It was a perfect time to go.  It was an overcast, potentially rainy day, and it was unusually empty at the Biergarten, making it less scene-y and more chill.  What I love about this Biergarten is its location directly under the the old subway tracks of the High Line, the employees' t-shirts, and the ping pong tables (not that I really play).  We grabbed a tall table, played some ping pong, drank some German beer, and had a snack...er meal, as mine was a ginormous salty pretzel with mustard.  And yes, I ate most of it, I left a little and shared so I wouldn't look like the pig that I am when it comes to bread and mustard.  It was a great accompaniment with a beer.  Later I got home and took a nap, I can't imagine why.
If you are looking for a restaurant to try in Soho, check out Cafe Habana.  And if you are looking for a little detox (or a big one), check out my BluePrint Cleanse review.

No comments:

Post a Comment