Thursday, August 4, 2011

CSA Week Eight

This week I got tomatoes for the first time, tons of corn, and delicious fruit.  Last night I munched on a lot of stuff instead of making any real dinner.

Here is what I got:

-Onion
-Purslane
-Basil
-Cherry tomatoes
-Summer squash
-Peppers
-Jalapenos
-Cucumber
-Corn
-Watermelon
-Peaches
-Apricots
-Eggs
-Sunflowers

Last night I made some poached apricots for some hand pies I will be making later in the week.
I might make this corn and zucchini salad.  Or corn fritters!
Maybe I will try this squash loaf cake, but I am just going to say it - I am sick of zucchini.
And I am making a huge salad tonight with the lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers!  Watermelon with basil and feta sounds pretty good too!
And I might make a little bit of salsa too!

No comments:

Post a Comment