Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Hurricane Irene Edition

It's weird what you do in emergencies.  On Thursday of last week, there was definitely rumblings of Hurricane Irene, by Friday my friend had informed me she was looking for a battery-powered radio.  What?  Like you are really that worried?  Then the news of the subways closing by noon on Saturday came, and it started to freak me out a bit.  It was more about the lack of cheap transportation than the fact that there could be some real damage.  I was feeling stuck.  So what did we get for the emergency?  Water (to make us look sane), Lay's potato chips, tortilla chips, mixed nuts, Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies, and Pirate's Booty.  My friend stopped at Harlem Vintage and he they were pretty low on things (New Yorkers know what's important).  On Saturday, we spent a bit of time making salsa and a pitcher of margaritas to get us through the weekend.  The slim chance of death was just enough for me to go hog wild and not care that I  had two bowls of Pirate's Booty in a row while laying on the couch watching Friday Night Lights.  Thanks Hurricane Irene!

Please enjoy this Curb Your Enthusiasm clip, where Larry David proclaims his love of Pirate's Booty (we share the same passion):
Last year, I made this tomato salad - click here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment