Friday, June 17, 2011

Le Parker Meridian Knave

My parents stayed at Le Parker Meridian during their visit a while ago.  After taking them to the Burger Joint on a previous visit, (I think my dad's heart was set on the possibility of having a burger everyday that he was here - and he did), we ended up stopping by the Knave, also connected to Le Parker Meridian.  I'll talk about the Burger Joint at another time, but on this dreary, rainy day, I want to chat about the Knave.
The Knave feels and looks just like a long nave in a church, with high gothic arches, stiff furniture, and a shrine of lit candles.  What sets it apart of course, is the bartenders and baristas in the center of the nave, and the classical music filling the space instead of a sermon.  Inside, you plop down on one of the boxy settees (there are pillows) and gather around low marble coffee tables.  A waitress comes by and takes your order, and voila you have the most delicious coffee with a wonderful crescent-shaped shortbread cookie.  They also serve fancy cocktails at night, but I would recommend this place for your morning coffee.  You really feel regal and special at this place.  I wish I was there right now.  If you are near Carnegie Hall, I would definitely recommend stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment