Thursday, June 23, 2011

CSA Week Two

I am on to week two of my CSA, and I was very proud that I finished most of my produce from last week, except for the scapes, which I plan to make a pesto with.  Click here for the Scape Pesto recipe.

This week I received:

-Lettuce
-Arugula
-Kale
-Salad turnips
-Beets
-Cilantro
-Scallions
-Lavender
-Blueberries
-Strawberries
-Eggs

I have a loose idea of what I want to make:

-Black bean tacos tonight using the lettuce.
-Black bean salsa using the scallions and cilantro.
-Roasted beets and arugula salad with goat cheese.
-Kale chips (click here for the recipe) or this Kale and Potato Gratin.
-Blueberry Kuchen (click here for the recipe), or blueberry pancakes, or muffins, or this blueberry crumb cake!
-Strawberries are just to be eaten, or placed on top of homemade vanilla ice cream!  But you could make these Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pops.



No comments:

Post a Comment