Thursday, June 16, 2011

CSA Week One

I cannot believe it is already CSA time!  These last few months have totally snuck past me.  Anyways, yesterday was the first day of my CSA, and I was surprised by all the variety.  This is my third year as a member of my CSA and it just seems to be getting easier and more fun.  I know my first year was exciting, but overwhelming trying to figure out exactly what to make.  I think this year will be much easier.

Here is what I got:

-Rainbow Swiss chard
-Salad turnips
-Radishes
-Brocoli rabe
-Lettuce
-Braising greens
-Scapes
-Zucchini
-Rhubarb
-Strawberries
-Blueberries
-Eggs
-Lavender (I added weekly flowers to my share)

Last night I made a simple salad with lettuce, radishes, salad turnips, and Parmesan.  I also stewed some of my fruit.  I will be sharing the recipe tomorrow.  Tonight, I am making my favorite Brocoli Rabe Pasta (click here to view the recipe).

I plan to try to make a Swiss chard baked omelette this weekend, and Braising Green Tacos (click here for the recipe) maybe this Friday.  And maybe this Zucchini Spice Bread, click here for the recipe.

And if you are looking for something to do with your rhubarb and strawberries, try these Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcakes.  Or try this Quick Strawberry Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment