Thursday, June 30, 2011

CSA Week Three

This week at my CSA, I received:

-Spinach
-Dill
-Brocoli
-Scallions
-Kale
-Basil
-Zucchini
-Blueberries
-Raspberries
-Eggs
-Gorgeous sunflowers (not pictured)

Since I will be out of town 4th of July, I already gave a bit of my produce away, so it could be enjoyed during the festivities.

Last night I made blueberry pancakes with friends, and tonight I am planning to make a scape pesto pasta with spinach (still have my scapes from a while ago-whoops).

My friend plans on making this kale and white bean soup from Martha Stewart.

If you are looking for something to do with spinach, try these Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas.

This Summer Zucchini Pasta is so easy and good, and perfect for leftovers throughout the week.

Raspberries are definitely going to be eaten as is, and same with the blueberries, but these are the perfect color combination for the Fourth of July.  I can't tell you enough, how I love this Blueberry Kuchen.  I might still make it and try to take it on the plane with me.

And if you are in the mood to use dill to make pickles, click here for McClure's Dill Pickle recipe, or here for other pickling ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment