Monday, April 4, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Tie Breaker!

This past weekend I had a lot of delicious food, which makes it so hard to decide what was the best thing in my mouth.  So I narrowed it down to three bites:

1.  Bad Horse Pizza's Acropolis House Pie.  Thin crust, fresh basil, some salty toppings, delicious.  I hope to have a review about Bad Horse's opening night out today or tomorrow.  Stay tuned.


2.  Shari's sables with caramel glaze.  I am seriously in awe of my friend Shari and her killer baking skills.  And did I mention her packaging?  Seriously, when is she going opening her own shop?  The buttery cookies were cooked perfectly, and when she suggested I make a caramel cookie sandwich with the extra tiny tub of caramel she included, I obeyed, and was so glad I did.  Caramel heaven!  I hid the rest of the cookies for later.



3.  Tortilla soup with yuca and avocado.  Okay, I made this one, but I got the recipe from this gorgeous blog called Honest Fare.  Click here for the recipe - you don't even miss the chicken!  I think a love affair with yuca has begun.

Click here to read my A Salt and Battery review, NYC's favorite fish and chips spot.

Click here to check out how Peeps are made!

Click here for my vegetable pot pie recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment