Monday, February 7, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Patisserie Des Ambassades' Croissant Aux Amandes

I know I keep posting about croissants for the best thing I had in my mouth, but seriously Des Ambassades really knows how to make a good pastry.  And when the cafe is so close to my apartment, the odds are in their favor for impressing me weekly.  This week the almond croissant hit the spot.  The pastry is flaky on the edges, but the center is filled with a softer almond paste covered in toasted almonds, and isn't overly sweet.  If you are in the neighborhood, I definitely recommend you check out Des Ambassades.

To learn how to make croissants aux amandes, click here.  Click here to check out a great quinoa salad I made, or these Southeast Asian-style Spring Rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment