Monday, January 17, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Pretzel Croissant

My friend Anna gushed about The City Bakery's Pretzel Croissant like every time I saw her.  So one Saturday morning I went in and got one.  I was completely disappointed, my taste buds were confused - the texture of a croissant, the salty goodness and coloring of a pretzel - what is this!?  Maybe my problem was that I decided to eat the flaky thing while on the street and then while walking through Bed Bath and Beyond, as if that isn't overwhelming enough.  So last week I gave it a second chance.  I was prepared for the confusing prezzant, as I like to call it.  This time I ate sitting down (a more appropriate choice - so the flakes went on my desk, not my clothing), and I truly enjoyed it.  The salty flavor, the buttery flakiness that every delicious croissant must have - I scarfed the sucker down.  It was definitely the best thing I had in my mouth last week.


On another note, Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everyone!  Below is a clip from The Cosby Show, featuring the family sitting in silence listening to Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.  It is a special moment, that always leaves me a little teary-eyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment