Monday, January 3, 2011

The Best Thing I Had In My Mouth - Peanut Brittle

The best thing I had in my mouth this week was my mom's peanut brittle.  It is a pretty simple recipe, so simple you use a microwave.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients for Microwavable Peanut Brittle:

-1 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup corn syrup
-Dash of salt
-1 to 1 1/2 cups raw peanuts, shelled
-1 tablespoon butter
-1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon vanilla

To begin, grease baking sheet heavily.

Combine sugar, corn syrup, and salt in 3 quart bowl.  Microwave at high until light brown, about 8-10 minutes.  Stop and stir twice during the microwaving.

Stir in remaining ingredients until light and foamy.  Quickly spread on greased baking sheet.  Spread as thin as possible for brittle candy.  Let cool completely, and then break into pieces.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment