Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CSA Week Four

Okay, so this is a much delayed post since I will be picking up my CSA goodies tomorrow, but I still thought I would share what I got last week.  This last week I had been super busy preparing for company and the Fourth of July.  I spent many nights working on different frozen yogurts to create homemade bomb pops, as well as making rocky road ice cream.  I am hoping to share the recipe with you soon!

Here is what I got last week:

-2 pints of blueberries
-6 peaches
-Broccoli
-Dill
-Nappa cabbage
-Swiss chard
-Summer squash/zucchini
-Cucumbers
-Lettuce
-Turnips

My friend made some bread and butter pickles and some quick pickles because we had so many cucumbers.  We just gobbled up the peaches (which were AMAZING), but I am saving the blueberries for blueberry kuchen or a peach-blueberry cobbler this week.  We also threw together some tostadas, salads, stir-fry and I am making the swiss chard and caramelized onions tacos as I type!  I still haven't used all the zucchini, but I am thinking of making this zucchini and ricotta galette from Smitten Kitchen.

Last year around this time I made blueberry kuchen and got some delicious treats at the Doughnut Plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment