Sunday, June 20, 2010

CSA - Week Two

This week from my CSA, I received the following:
-Bok choy
-Scapes
-Lettuce
-Mesclun
-Spinach
-Kale
-Snow peas
-Rhubarb
-Strawberries

I have been busy making strawberry rhubarb sorbet, which I will share later.
Taco Pizza and regular tacos - I can't help it, I love Mexican!
Pasta with scapes, peas, and parmesan, which was inspired by the delicious meal I had at Stone Home Wine Bar.  It is so worth making the trip out to Brooklyn to experience Chef John Gibson's dishes.  I have been to Stone Home several times, and I am never been disappointed.  What I love most about Stone Home is that John's menu changes seasonally, I have never gotten the same thing twice.  I definitely recommend checking it out.

Oh and I made fried rice with bok choy and snow peas (sorry no picture).  I never realized how easy it is to make.  Check out the recipe from The Kitchn blog here.

Tonight, I plan to make kale chips - I will let you know how that goes.  It is a real challenge to get me to eat dark greens.

Last year around this time, I made a runny strawberry-rhubarb pie.  Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment